Thursday, August 17, 2006

Snakes on a Blog

Snakes on a Plane doesn't technically open until Friday, but apparently there is a 10pm showing at my local theater tonight (Thursday). Since I bought the shirt and sent calls from Samuel L. Jackson to nearly a quarter of my med school classmates, it's not surprising that I'll be going.

Several of my classmates weren't interested in going to the show because they don't think the movie will be very good. To those people I say: yes, you're entirely correct. Others say that the movie didn't make the Top 10 Reviews for the coming weekend. And I say, yes, the movie wasn't even screened for critics. It's not as if there is any pretense about the film's quality. And still others just think it's strange that I'm interested ("in a cult-like way") in this film. And I have to agree with them. I don't really know why I think SoaP is so funny (although my old roommates and their relentless emails might have something to do with it). But starting another year of med school was a little bit depressing and it was nice to have something ridiculous to laugh about.

Mood: focused. On academics, not the movie. Mostly.
Song: David Gray, "Disappearing World"

No comments: