Sunday, August 20, 2006

In the zone

When I started the second year of med school three weeks ago, I was slightly anxious about the return to classes. While first year wasn't exactly easy, I had heard from several people that second year would prove to be a much greater challenge -- specifically, integrating "all" the material I've learned so far.

While I'm not counting my chickens yet, I feel optimistic about this year. I'm being more productive than I was last year, I'm remembering more material, and I'm starting to make connections between concepts in different topic areas. (Yes, there are confounders to this, namely the facts that I'm well rested, our current class block is relatively easy, and we're not required to do dozens of other activities such as CPCP or PD yet.) And even though the boards are only six months away, I feel like I can make it through the academic sprint of the next 180 days.

On that note, I'll end this post and get back to the review books. Another day or two of solid studying and I'll be done with GI.

Mood: calm
Song: Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Snow (Hey Oh)" and Fleetwood Mac, "Never Going Back Again"

No comments: