Monday, April 05, 2004

My schedule this morning, actual vs. expected.

Expected: Wake up at 8:00.
Actual: Sleep through alarm, wake up at 8:30.

Expected: Catch the 8:40 bus for a 9:00 class.
Actual: Catch the next bus, set to arrive at 9:05, which should get me to class by 9:20.

Expected: The 9:05 bus will actually show up.
Actual: It does not.

Expected: The next bus, at 9:10, will leave quickly since the 9:05 didn't show up.
Actual: It does not.

Expected: The 9:10 bus will get me to the downtown campus by 9:25.
Actual: You guessed it. Nope. I actually get to campus by 9:45. Class ends at 10:10.

Expected: Now that I'm actually on campus, I'll go to class.
Actual: Nope. Guest lecturer, and I would have only been in class for 20-30 minutes. C'mon, I have more important things to do than waste half an hour.

Expected: Go back home, waste time until my afternoon class.
Actual: Go home, eat breakfast, apply to 8 jobs, finish a presentation, and pay my bills. Talk about unexpected!

No comments: