Saturday, April 24, 2004

I think I've committed a mistake that I thought I'd long since leaned to avoid - getting too emotionally attached to a girl who is one of my close friends. (sigh) Certainly not a good idea.

As far as I remember, I learned to stop doing this sometime near the end of high school. Date them or be their friend, but not both. Or, perhaps, become a friend as you date them, but that's pretty tough. So here I am, spending a lot of time woth one of my friends yet feeling completely unable to admit how I feel. Not an ideal situation.

In retrospect, it's not too surprising. My dating history really suggests that I date my friends, not the people I meet at parties or at bars. But, for some reason, it hadn't been a problem in the last few years, perhaps because I had a solid realtionship for a while, or otherwise because I wasn't making too many new friends at the time.

So, for now, I sit here and think.

Current mood: Reflective sadness.
Current songs: Michael Kamen, "Band of Brothers - Main Theme" and Toad the Wet Sprocket, "All Right"

No comments: