Friday, October 07, 2005

TGIF...sort of

It's finally Friday...and I'm studying all night. We have a big exam (molecular biology, genetics, and development) on Monday morning, so this entire weekend will be dedicated to that cause. It has been an incredibly long time since I've studied on a Friday night (4 years? 5 years?), but it was an easy decision to make since (a) all my friends are doing the same thing, and (b) fear is a very strong motivator.

I talked with the Navy recruiter on Wednesday. It was a productive conversation, and I discovered that I don't have to finish the application until early next year, so I feel a lot better now that I don't have to panic and rush to finish the application. I still have a lot of issues to figure out in that regard, but fortunately I can wait until next week to think about them.

We formed our groups for Anatomy today. I think we'll "receive" (?) our cadavers next week...ought to be a pretty amazing/stunning/uncomfortable experience.

For the first time in recent memory, life is starting to get complicated again. The time requirements of school continue to grow and grow, and I'm starting to look ahead to extracurricular plans (AMSA, most likely in their policy group) and my HPSP/Navy decision. And that's just the start of it...

Back to the books.

Mood: Cautious, a little anxious, a little optimistic. Trying to focus.
Song: Gypsy Kings, "Galaxia" and Ozzy, "I Just Want You"

No comments: