Sunday, February 22, 2004

Tonight was an odd night...

(a) I was reminded how much "fun" clubbing can be when you're not the alpha male. (Not that I've ever been the alpha male.) It basically turns into an exercise in watching to see which girls can convince that guy to pay attention to them. Ugh.

One of my (female) friends was missing tonight after we left the club. She wasn't in the club, wasn't outside the club. We looked for her for a few hours, and eventually found her outside her apartment. She was fine, and presumably she took a cab there, but we were all left wondering why she just disappeared. It made me reflect a lot on an issue I've been contemplating recently -- the importance of my friends and whether they realize how important they are to me.

I'm pretty sure that my closest friends realize how important they are to me. It's my recent friends (last six months?) who worry me. Or at least I don't think they know how much they matter to me.

There are times when I'm tempted to walk up to somebody and tell them how much they mean to be, but then I remember that they'll probably think I'm stalking them, and I think otherwise. But I think a lot of them don't realize how much they matter to me, and I don't know how to express it.

It's past 4am, again. Tomorrow is going to be a rough day. Time to sleep.

Current mood: Generally overwhelmed.
Current song: something quiet

No comments: