Friday, May 21, 2004

Oops!

As a fairly optimisic individual about human nature, I recently made the silly mistake of actually trusting someone. My mistake.

"Yeah, I'm sorry if I led you on, but I'm sort of seeing someone right now. I mean, we were together, then we weren't, and right now I think we are. And I would still like to have dinner with you, but you and I both know how dangerous that could be, right? So I'm sorry if I led you on."

If you led me on? No, not really. I just thought that somewhere in your mix of "I've been wanting to ask you out all year" and "Why don't you and I spend some time together?" and "This can totally work out because we'll both live in the same neighborhood next year," I thought you had actually suggested that you might actually be interested. Oops.

No comments: