Sunday, May 09, 2004

As school comes to a close, I thought I could look forward to a few weeks of relaxation. But as my mind stopped filling itself with the continual day-to-day reminders of my academic responsibilities, it started to fill with the continual day-to-day reminders of other aspects of my life.

Who am I going to ask out next week?

Where am I going to live in DC?

When am I going to finish my med school application?


I hate worrying about things in the abstract. I can be stressed about a paper I have to write, but I know that it's due in four days and after that it will be over. With these abstract concerns with no real deadline, though, my mind could run endless circiles around them and not make any progress whatsoever.

Oh, wait, that's what has been happening for a week now...

Mood: Anxious, but for no good reason.
Song: Foo Fighters, "Everlong" (acoustic)

No comments: