Saturday, April 17, 2004

The MCAT is tomorrow. And, wow, my heart goes out to those people. After surviving that life-altering exam twice, I can certainly empathize with the people who are laying in bed right now, trying desperately to sleep despite their anxiety about the exam, which is set to begin in about 5 hours.

Yay for the weekend, but this is going to be a busy one. One month left of school and lots to complete before then.

I got a job offer from the Lewin Group! Now I just need to finish my interviews with CMS and Urban, decide if I'm applying to med school this year or next, figure out what city I want to live in, and then actually accept a job and apply for med school. Ugh. I have an overwhelming feeling that the next four months are going to be pretty brutal.

So...if I take the job at Lewin, do I stay for one year or two? The Plan didn't call for me to take off another year before med school, but part of me thinks it would be a really good idea to apply now but take two more years off. However, at the same time, I have many friends who decided to pursue medicine just a few years ago yet are already almost physicians, while I've been pretty set on that path for....6 years? 8 years? and yet I'm still not in med school. This sounds petty, but it's the number one thing that is currently driving me crazy. Will I burn bridges by leaving after a year? Maybe. But will I be applying for jobs anytime soon after that? No. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Do I pick a place to work based on where it would be easiest to leave after a year? (CMS) The thing about Lewin is that I get such a positive vibe from the people there that I really don't want to limit myself to just a year there...but at the same time, I know that this consulting experience won't necessarily contribute at all to my future career in medicine. (sigh) Around and around and around I go. I'm slowly going crazy.

Time for rest.

Current mood: Anxious.
Current song: Enya, "Boadicea"

No comments: