Thursday, February 06, 2003

Today is turning around. It started as a stressful day, but it's slowly getting better.

I found a friend who will use the extra Cirque du Soleil ticket. A weekly study at Stanford hospital in which I participate was cancelled, so I will have a little extra time to drive up to San Francisco for the Toad the Wet Sprocket concert.

I did a lot of driving last night. It was good for my psyche. My roommate's car was towed from his fiance's apartment complex, so around 10:30pm I drove him down to the towing company and waited for him to get his car back. After that, I drove up to Stanford and did a 2 hour workout. I have been striving to get back in shape, and the workout habit is starting to stick. I'm also 75% sure that I am going to do a triathlon through Team in Training. Raising $2800 seems like a pretty big challenge, but several people I know who have participated in TNT say it's not as hard as you would think.

I had a moment of pause last night when I was driving home from my workout. I drove past Junipero -- my freshman dorm at Stanford -- and paused for a moment in the parking lot to visually scan the building and find the window that was mine during freshman year. I parked. And thought. Coincidentally, matchbox twenty's "Unwell" was on the radio at the moment. It seemed appropriate:

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
I know right now you don't care
But soon enough you're gonna think of me
And how I used to be

Yeah, how I used to be
How I used to be
Well, I'm just a little unwell
How I used to be
How I used to be
I'm just a little unwell

No comments: