Thursday, September 14, 2006

Deadlines

When I get stressed, it's usually about deadlines. I have something to do, I have a limited time in which to do it, and I'm concerned that I won't be able to finish it in time. But if I finish the task or if there is a long time left before the deadline, I don't worry too much.

My next real deadline isn't for two weeks, yet I'm already stressed as if it were tomorrow. And I think I know why: I can't truly finish studying neuro. Not even close. I had this feeling last year at times, but it didn't usually last very long because each committee ("class" as most people say) was only a few weeks long. Now, though, I've been studying and studying and studying for a few weeks...and there are still two weeks to go until the exam.

This committee has completely transformed my daily life. Part of me thinks that I'm actually more stressed because of the changes in my daily routine, but I know deep down that I would be even more panicked if I weren't working so hard.

Everyone around me is similarly stressed, or so it seems, and that certainly doens't help things.

Grrrrrr. I've been trying to limit my caffeine intake so I can avoid the jitters and get to sleep at night, but that's not going so well. And I'm getting sick.

I should go running. That would help. But it has been raining and raining, and I haven't been getting home until relatively late recently. Maybe tomorrow.

Time to eat dinner. While I study at a cafe.

Mood: discouraged
Song: Live, "The Beauty of Gray" and Rusted Root, "Ecstasy"

No comments: