Saturday, September 10, 2005

Busy

I had forgotten what it was like to be a student. And, not surprisingly, med school is taking the student experience to a whole new level.

For example, I never thought I would see so many of my classmates studying at Starbucks...on Friday...at 10pm. Or at the library the next morning at 9am. Yet, at the same time, most of my classmates are friendly and willing to help each other. I'm happy that the dreaded competitiveness of med school has yet to materialize. (Knocking on wood...)

"Busy" was good title for this post when I started writing it, but "overwhelmed" might be a little more accurate now that I think about it. There's just so much to learn...and each day we're asked to learn more and more and more.

Music has been so important over the last week of intense studying. I'm spending 4 to 8 hours in each location when I study, so music helps keep me sane. And right now, I am reminded that Ottmar Liebert is truly a god among men. I can't imagine better studying music.

Back to the books. Four days until the exam. Then the party. :-)

Mood: Tired, confused, overwhelmed, but generally optimistic. (And contradictory, I suppose...)
Song: Ottmar Liebert, "Rome in May/Spanish Steps"

No comments: