Sunday, January 25, 2004

I really wish I could have made it up to NH this weekend, especially since there isn't much to do around here this weekend. Yes, I need to get healthy, catch up on sleep, clean my room, prepare for classes, do some reading, and apply for jobs...but I don't feel like doing any of those right now (except for the sleep part). And, yes, the conference next week will be a huge opportunity for networking and possible job contacts.

Anyway. Today was another recovery day -- sleeping, eating, and cleaning. Tomorrow I'm going to start back into the student routine -- do some reading for biostatistics, finish a problem set, and apply for a few jobs. Or so I hope. I'm starting to remember the craziness of last term and recognize the many things that I have to do in the next few weeks. It's not overwhelming yet, but I expect the job search to dominate much of my time this quarter, and job searches are never easy. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

In other non-exciting news, I think I've finally found a way to block the cold drafts of air that keep my room so cold. You see, I have an air conditioner unit in one of my windows, and since the seal with the window isn't perfect, my room is often cold. After a few attempts, I think I've found a combination of platic wrap, plastic bags, cardboard, and duct tape that will block the air. I'll know tomorrow...when it's really cold outside, I usually wake up in the morning and find that my room has dropped 10-15 degrees overnight. (shudder) It's not pleasant.

I think I'm going to end up taking an elective this term, which means that my formerly class-free Wednesdays will now have a class, although supposedly it's not especially challening. I still have Mondays free, which helps a lot. :-)

Current Mood: Contemplative, a little anxious, not quite nostalgic.
Current Songs: Enya, "Day Without Rain" & Evanescence, "Anywhere"



No comments: