Thursday, October 03, 2002

"At this time, we have decided to pursue other candidates for this employment opportunity."

Weird. And frustrating. Other than the job title, I didn't even know what "this employment opportunity" was.

About a month ago, I received a voice mail from a large corporation focusing on health care management & research -- my sort of thing. The voicemail referred to a position for which I was being considered, and that I should call a Human Resources officer at a certain number and schedule an interview. So I did. But the HR person did not answer. "No big deal," I thought. I left a message, including the hours when I could be reached at the phone number I provided, as well as my email address (both had already been provided on my resume).

No reply. I called again. And again. One or twice a day, for a week and a half. No answer, just the same voicemail message indicating the Ms. Human Resources Officer was unavailable. I called a different number that had been provided on the original voice mail and left a message. One message a day for seven days. Time passes. Both HR people break their promises to "return my call as soon as possible."

Two weeks pass. My phone calls are never returned. No emails are sent. Does it seem reasonable to believe they would reply to one of my messages?

Anyway, I heard nothing from the contact until today, when I received the "No Thanks" email. (sigh) I give up.

No comments: