Thursday, November 16, 2006

24 hours

Just another 24 hours until I have a break. A full week to sleep, read, relax, study, and set my own schedule. Of course, between now and then there is an exam, and I haven't been 100% confident in my studying recently. I'm putting a lot of time, energy, and effort into it...but I'm not sure how much I'm actually learning.

Fortunately, I don't have a choice about the pulm exam. By lunchtime tomorrow it will be over, and I will be packing for my flight back to Portland on Saturday. Hallelujah.

With the exception of 1 or 2 days of federal holiday, I haven't had a break in months. And the sad thing is that I just want to study for the boards. Sure, I want time to sleep and have some fun, but I don't really resent being busy because it distracts from my social life. I signed up for that. I resent being busy because it means I have less time to study for Step 1. And, now that I have scheduled my exam date, I want to study even more. March 9th is rapidly approaching.

Enough whining. Time for more practice tests.

Mood: dug in, so to speak
Song: A set of Baroque pieces, mostly choral, I just bought off iTunes. I just finished Bach's Concerto No. 1 for One Harpsichord. Now listening to Palestrina's "Stabat Mater," performed by the Schola Cantorum of Oxford. It's the perfect music for translating my caffine high into productive work.

No comments: