Saturday, July 03, 2004

Tonight I had dinner with one of my good friends from college, then went out for drinks with a bunch of students from the summer program he’s enrolled in this summer in DC. They’re all taking courses at Galludet University, which is exclusively focused on the deaf community, so they were all signing to each other at the bar tonight. As the only person who didn’t know sign, it was a little bit confusing. Fun, too. It’s amazing how quickly people can communicate with sign, especially across long distances in bars when the music is too loud to hear anyone!

Still feeling a little lonely. In retrospect, I feel like I should have made a better effort this year to go out on dates with people. I certainly made an effort for a few months, but then I basically got distracted with school and gave up. So it has been quite a while since I’ve had anything significant romantically, and I’m getting impatient. But, like I was saying, DC is full of young, attractive people. Maybe this is my chance…

Anyway, thank goodness it’s the weekend. I slept sooooo little last week(end) because of the move, and I certainly didn’t start catching up on sleep this week until last night. So now it’s almost 2:30 and I’m getting in bed. Alarm? No way. I’ll wake up when I wake up.

Mood: Unsettled. Slightly impatient. And tired.
Song: Jimi Hendrix/Ottmar Liebert/The Corrs, “Little Wing”

No comments: