Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Med school applications are ridiculous. I've spent the last 16 months of my life working on them.

The waiting must be the worst part. You write a bunch of essays, write *another* check for $12491847 to cover the "processing fee," then mail in the application and wait. Wait. Wait again. Say you're sick of waiting. Then wait more. Check your status online. It says "Keep Waiting." Ugh.

It also seems like the more prestigious schools don't ask for anything besides the processing fee and maybe a photo. Duke is an exception -- they have 6 short answer questions, 2 essays, and more. I have their secondary application waiting for me, but it's not very tempting.

It's 3:23 am. How does it always get so late? Oh, yes, applications. That's what Amp and Sobe Adrenaline Rush are for. I think it's especially funny that both sites aim their marketing towards the alternative-punk-motorcross-i'm-such-a-rebel crowd. Do they really drink this stuff? I don't think so.

Time to sleep.

No comments: