Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Home again. Again.

Another two days, another four flights. Having 6:00am flights on two consecutive days is really not much fun.

I was supposed to fly to Chicago on Sunday afternoon (and from there to Springfield, IL). I get to the airport and try to check in; the e-ticket machine can't find my reservation, so an agent instructs me to wait in line. I indicate that my flight time is rapidly approaching, but to no avail. I wait in line, and by the time I get helped by an agent I have entered the 30-minutes-before-the-flight window. The agent tries to book me for another flight...only to discover that my original ticket was never issued.

Reserved? Yes.
Confirmed? Yes.
Issued? In other words, purchased? No.

Apparently the confirmation number from by my corporate travel office merely confirmed...that my tickets had been confirmed. And reserved. But not purchased. Get it?

Anyway, I booked a flight for Monday morning at 6am, made it to Springfield by 9:00am, and was only a few minutes late to my morning meeting (with coworkers whose tickets had been confirmed and purhased). The rest of the day was filled with meetings. And a short nap.

This morning, my coworkers and I had a 6am flight from Springfield to Chicago. More meetings in Chicago, a delayed flight back to DC, and a generally long day. But I'm back in my apartment now, expressing joy about being home after a long trip...again.

Now I sleep. :-)

Mood: Tired!
Song: AFI, "Silver and Cold"

No comments: