Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Busy day of flying

I got to BWI this morning around noon. My flight was at 3:30, but I wasn't taking any chances with the DC-area weather and traffic. I checked in and made it through security in about 15 minutes, so I found myself with 3 hours to kill and nothing to do. I went to an airport bar, ordered lunch, and relaxed for a couple hours. Being early isn't exactly common practice for me. Although it was busy, the bar gave me a small degree of refuge from the hordes of people in the rest of the airport.

The flights (BWI -> DFW -> PDX) were pretty standard. Aisle seats both flights. And although I usually try to fly through Chicago since it's a shorter route than going through Dallas, it's good that I didn't -- apparently it was snowing in Chicago and O'Hare was a nightmare. Both flights were completely full, as one would expect for the day before thanksgiving.

As usual, I raced through a book during my flights. This time I finished a book on bioethics, specially human embryo research. Educational for sure, but a little bit more dense than I'm used to.

Bedtime for me. I'm feeling jetlag for the first time I can remember. Usually I'm so tired when I come home (usually at the end of an academic quarter) that I don't really notice the time difference.

Book finished: Ronald Green, "The Human Embryo Research Debates: Bioethics in the Vortex of Controversy."

Mood: Happy.
Song: Toad the Wet Sprocket, "High on a Riverbed"

No comments: