Tuesday, October 28, 2003

My new life.

I feel like I'm going through a personal...renaissance? revolution? reform? None of those exactly, but something along those lines.

My habits are changing in this new environment. I wake up early. I listen to different music. I'm looking to buy other types of clothes. These are all minor things -- they're not going to change my outlook on life or my career goals. At the same time, I feel like these changes have been waiting for a long time to occur. In retrospect, I feel like I was stagnating for the last year is that these things were not changing....like I was locked into a certain inescapable routine. Now that I'm free, I'm growing and evolving again.

(pause) Hmmm. That last paragraph doesn't exactly capture what I'm trying to say, but I don't know how better to say it...

Anyway, I started my second term today. Instead of the broad sampling of classes I had last term, I'm now focused primarily on policy and finance courses: the American health system, the Role of Government in Health Policy, Fundamentals of Financial Management, etc. I have 8:30 classes again, but this time only on Tuesday & Thursday instead of every day. My first and only class on Monday runs from 3:30 - 6:00. I can already sense that I'm going to be doing a lot more writing this term -- the idea of getting a laptop is looking more and more beneficial every day.

Four days until Halloween! Hopefully my new phone will be working in time to take some pictures that night! (It's still weird to refer to my phone in regard to taking pictures.)

No comments: